Get cash for your junk car in Columbus today!
- We buy all cars! We'll pick up your junk car free of charge and tow it away.
- Sell us your used, wrecked, broken, or rusted junk car and get cash!
- We provide the fastest cash for junk car service in Columbus.
SELL YOUR CAR FOR CASH DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC!
Columbus Ohio is known for many amazing things, but none more famous than college football. The Ohio State Buckeyes call Columbus home, but football here is more than just a recreational sport for college kids. OSU football is more akin to a religion in The Arch City and throughout Ohio. At The Clunker Junker we proudly wear our scarlet and gray while paying cash for cars in Columbus! If your neighbors or HOA have given you the two minute warning to get rid of your used broken down car, call an audible and sell you car to The Clunker Junker. In most cases we can pick up your junk car at your home, place of work, or in a parking lot in a few business days or less, and have been known to pick up some vehicles on the same day!
More than meets the eye in Columbus, OH
Of course, there is more to Columbus than sports. The city is rich with art, music, culture, and industry. Likewise, there is more to The Clunker Junker than just buying used cars. We always go above any beyond other junk car buyers by not only paying top dollar, but providing industry leading customer service on top of it. Just check out our reviews and see what other Columbusites are saying about our junk car removal service. Are we always perfect? Far from it. But we always make things right, and that’s something you won’t get from our competitors.
If your car looks like a real horror story, worthy of one of Columbus native R.L. Stein’s spooky tales, you’ve probably considered trying to sell your car privately and realized how frustrating it can be. You won’t get more cash for junk cars from anyone else than you’ll get from The Clunker Junker. And we haven’t even mentioned the best part yet: Every offer we make includes free pickup and towing. You’ll never pay hidden fees or charges when we buy your car. As Guy Fieri, another Columbus resident would say: “The Clunker Junker is the bomb-dot-com!”.
Getting cash for junk cars in Columbus is no longer a hassle
Have you ever tried to sell a used car online to a private buyer? Remember how frustrating it was to deal with writing ads that keep expiring, and answering the same 20 questions from potential buyers who didn’t read the ad in the first place? Not to mention, if you do finally get someone who is interested they’ll try and low-ball you on price, and then not show up when they say they will. Now imagine that experience, but you are selling a junk car instead. One that doesn’t run and has a ton of issues. Sounds like a nightmare - and it is!
That’s why we buy cars and trucks and provide a fast, free, and reliable cash for cars service. Getting rid of a used car doesn’t need to be difficult, and we have spent the last 10 years making it easier than ever. Let us buy your car so you can spend your time taking advantage of everything the city has to offer. Take the kids to Bicentennial Park or the COSI science museum for a day of exploring for example.
Check out how easy we make it to sell your junk car
No ads, no tire kickers, no missed appointments. When you sell a junk car to The Clunker Junker, we strive to make the process as easy as it can possibly be. We know your time is valuable, so we don’t want to waste it.
1. Tell us about your vehicleWe already know your car is in Franklin county, that's a great first step! But to make an accurate offer on it we'll need to know what year, make, and model it is and what condition it's in. We don't need its entire service history, we just need to know what's wrong with it (if anything), how many miles, and if you have documentation. It's easier to provide this info online, but you are free to call us at (888) 383-4181 if you rather talk to one of our amazing customer service representatives.
2. Check out our offerUnlike many others, when you complete our condition questionnaire you'll get an offer right on your screen in seconds instead of a message saying someone will get back to you eventually. That's one of the great things that separates The Clunker Junker from other junk car buyers in Columbus! If you accept the offer, we'll kick off the junk car removal process immediately and get you in touch with your local carrier for pickup.
3. Walk away with payment on the spotThe best part of the process is obviously when the tow truck driver hands over the money in exchange for your keys, title (if required), and vehicle. After a quick inspection, they'll put it up on the tow truck and you'll be able to waive goodbye to that old clunker for good. That money in your pocket will smell better than the Columbus Park of Roses!
That’s really all there is to it. Three easy steps to get cash for junk cars near you. Getting an instant quote is free and only takes a second, so what do you have to lose?
The process is easy, but how much is your junk vehicle actually worth?
Would you be surprised to hear this is our most commonly asked question? Probably not, we aren’t surprised either. What might surprise you though, is just how much your scrap car might be worth in Columbus. A lot of people have no clue how much a vehicle that doesn’t run is worth, and scrap yards and auto salvage yards know this. They use it to try and take advantage of you. The Clunker Junker is different. We like to be as transparent and honest as possible when we buy your unwanted car. While there are many factors that determine how much your automobile is worth, here are a few that matter the most:
What kind of car is it and how old is it?It probably goes without saying that the newer and more desirable your car is, the more it is worth. Although, this isn't always the case, especially for cars that are in really bad shape. Whether your car is a 2005 Honda Civic or a 2004 Honda Civic, doesn't really change how big it is or how much it weighs. Since pricing on some trucks, vans, and SUVs is based on size and weight, you might get the same offer for either car. Other vehicles are valued based on what parts might be in demand, or how much they sell for at auction.
What condition is the car in?If your ride is older than Colo the Gorilla at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (60 years!) and falling apart at the seams, it's probably worth less than an 8 year old Lexus that runs and drives. Cars that don't run sell for less at auction, and thus the amount we can pay for them is usually less as a result. Similarly, a truck or SUV that has severe accident damage is worth less than one that is in good shape.
Is the title clear and in hand? Or is it salvage or missing?Here's one you might not have considered. Do you have a title for the vehicle? While we can sometimes buy vehicles with no title in the state of Ohio, the offers are usually much less. Why is that? Because issuing payment with no title comes with a lot of risk for the buyer, and the options they have to resell the vehicle are more limited. Sometimes they can only legally dismantle the vehicle, and thus the offer will be more in line with scrap metal pricing.
We buy junk cars in Columbus and never have any hidden charges
Unfortunately a lot of companies with poor business practices have given our industry a bad name. Salvage yards in Ohio’s capital city might try and give you one offer on the phone, then give you a lower offer at the time of the sale. Or maybe they will fail to mention that although they gave you a price, the tow charge has to come out of your pocket if you can’t drive it in. When The Clunker Junker buys your junk car there are never and hidden fees. We have no fine print, and the offer will never change at the time of pickup. That’s our guarantee!
What you should do after you sell your car
Here are some things to do and to keep in mind when selling your car:
- If your title is issued by the state of Ohio, it will need to be notarized!
- Remove all your personal belongings from the vehicle. Don’t leave anything of value behind.
- After the sale, let the Ohio DMV know that you sold the vehicle as soon as possible.
- Cancel your insurance as well, you won’t be needing that anymore.
- Grab an amazing burger at The Thurman Cafe. This is optional but highly recommended.
The small details make all the difference
There are many used car buyers in Columbus, some better than others, but none as good as The Clunker Junker. Our company mission is to pay top dollar for used cars, offer fast pickup, and provide the best customer service possible along the way. It’s not hard to run a legitimate business, but unfortunately many other car removal services put all that energy into thinking of new ways to try and scam you. Don’t fall for it, sell your car to The Clunker Junker instead.
If you prefer to get a quote over the phone, you can reach us at (888) 383-4181 during our normal business hours.
How much will you pay for my car in Columbus?
The current average value for vehicles in Columbus, Ohio is around $345 with free pickup. If you have a big truck like a Dodge Ram or SUV such as a Chevy Suburban, the average value is at $431, but is only $293 for smaller and mid-size cars like a Ford Focus. Obviously, your vehicle's real offer depends on various factors:
- The year, make, and model. If we can resell your vehicle at auction, it's worth more than junk values.
- What size is the vehicle and how much does it weigh? Scrap pricing is often based on vehicle size .
- Has the vehicle been in a wreck? Vehicles with working parts are sometimes worth more .
Do you buy junk cars without title in Columbus, OH?
We can sometimes buy junk cars with no title in Columbus, OH but we cannot guarantee it in all cases. It may depend on a number of different factors, such as the age of the vehicle and the exact location. Ultimately it is up to our local junk car buyers. If we can pay cash for your junk car with no title you will need to have a photo ID matching a valid regsitration to prove ownership. Also note that offers for cars with no title may be significantly lower!
If needed, the legal owner of the car should be able to easily obtain a replacement title through your local Columbus, OH DMV as seen below. Most states require a small fee for replacement and turnaround time can be anywhere from instantly to a couple of weeks:
Your Columbus DMV
Columbus, Ohio, 43209
How long does the process take?
We can often pick up most vehicles in Columbus within 1 to 3 business days. However, your local buyer or carrier takes care of all their own scheduling, so we can never fully guarantee a specific pickup window on the carrier's behalf. Same day pickups are sometimes possible, but never guaranteed.
Do you pay cash or check at pickup time?
Whether you are paid by business check or cash depends on the requirements of the buyer near you who makes a bid on your vehicle. While many of our buyers do pay cash for cars, some have moved to check for the safety of tow drivers and better book keeping. When you are paid by business check, don't forget that The Clunker Junker fully guarantees every payment and will pay you the full amount if there is any issue with the local buyer!
Recent Junk And Used Cars Sold In Columbus, OH
- 2000 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Gt Apr 28Columbus, OH43230Runs and DrivesClean Title
- 2003 Hyundai Sonata Base Apr 28Columbus, OH43223Runs and DrivesClean Title
- 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan X Apr 28Columbus, OH43211Doesn't startClean Title
- 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Exten... Apr 28Columbus, OH43235Runs and DrivesClean Title
- 1983 Chevrolet C/K 30 Regular ... Apr 28Columbus, OH43230Runs and DrivesClean Title
- 2012 Volvo S60 T5 Apr 28Columbus, OH43204Doesn't startNo Title
- 2001 Acura Mdx (Not Sure) Apr 28Columbus, OH43228Doesn't startClean Title
Here is what other cash for cars customers have said:
"It does not run but can be pulled up onto a wrecker. There is front-end damage to the grill and lights. The front passenger quarter panel, bumper and hood are not in place but are with the car."
"Manual transmission, runs great, and it would/did drive except that the clutch went out. The driver mirror is missing, and the stereo is missing. Otherwise, it is all intact as it should be."
"It has been parked and not cranked for over a year. It needs a battery and leaks oil. It was running decently before we parked it. It has a bad driver side front tire that is peeling off. We do not need it anymore. "
"My husband bought this car, and less than a month later, it just started having all kinds of problems. It's a 1991 Honda Accord Wagon. We don't have the original title. The person we bought it from gave us a DMV form for the duplicate title along with the Bill of Sale. The tags are still current. It does start when you give it a jump with another vehicle, but the battery is completely dead. The driver side taillight is broken, and the rear driver side tire is flat. Since so much went wrong with the car, I was never able to get it registered, so all I have are the DMV duplicate form and the Bill of Sale. "
"I brought the car from one state to another. It was handed down to me by my uncle. It didn't start at all, but I recently got it running. It runs very rough, and it can't keep its idle."
"It has a hole in the radiator and someone tried to break in on the passenger side. The door is broken and the doors in the back do not have handles on the inside."